Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fantasy Update - Week 8 - I'm one lucky bitch!

So, I pulled out another win this week. How? I don't fuckin know. I had the third lowest score in the league this week and luckily I played the guy with the second lowest. I won 60 to 45. It's pretty much been my theme all year as expressed by my tied for first place record of 6-2, yet I am 96 points behind the guy I am tied with record wise. I have the 7th lowest total points for the season. Put it this way, the 3rd place guy has scored 151 points more than me this season. I am trying to convince myself that I am just laying low waiting to bust out the big numbers when crunch time comes around, but I don't know how many more squeakers I can handle. Oh yeah, thanks to the dude I was playing for not putting in a defense this week. Winning isn't all about being good. You have to have some luck in the mix!

QB - I went with Cassel this week who had a decent day compared to the overall shattyness of my QBs this year. Luckily he faced Jason Campbell who posted a mediocre 10 pts as well. This week Cassel and Pennington will be battling it out in practice for the starting gig. Almost picked up Matt Ryan off waivers (how he was there I don't know), but some dickbag that's in first place cockblocked me. Yeah, you HeyHoo!

RBs - The rock was handed to Steve Slaton and Chris Johnson. Not a whole lotta yards out of them this week, but they both scored so I can't complain. CJ's late touchdown last night was a beautiful thing. Dude I was playing had J. Jones from Seattle and Frank Gore up in the mix. Both were TD free which helped my unfucktastic score although Gore piled up some yards, 159 in case you needed to know.

WRs - I had to do some bye week maneuvering this week and started who I could. I would have played Willie Parker in the flex spot, but his weak ass knee ligaments held him out again. I had to play Andre Johnson (143 yds, no fucking TDs), DeSean Jackson (72 yds, no fucking TDS, -5 ret yds), and my gut shot call of the week.....Roy Williams. I almost dropped somebody to play in his place, but I got some advice from some members of the blogoshpere and gave him the go. That TD was perfect for me. P.S. Fuck you TO!

TE - Blah, that's what Marcedes Lewis did for me. I got stuck ever since Kellen Winslow and his staphtastically reclused testicles fucked me a few weeks back. Shopping for a TE, but I kind of want to stay with Lewis since he played so shitty this past week. Surely he'll make up for it against the shitbags in Detroit right? Fuck me, optimism is the devil. I think I'll get Kellen back.

K - Scobee had one blocked, but I can't blame that on him. He made a long bonus point FG and 2 PATs in a brutal Jag game against Cleveland. I think I'll let him ride heading to Detroit.

DEF - The fuck dAndy group of the week - Jax defense. These guys made the Browns offense look like more than a regional semi-semi-finalist for the pop warner county championship this past week. Thanks fuckers! I'll give them another shot this week against the Bengals and next week against Orlovakowskolitsky or whatever the fuck his name is this week.

Coming up this week....I'm stoked and planning for a breakout performance since I am through with bye weeks except for Roy Williams next week. Aside from the QB and TE situation my lineup looks like this for now. WRs - Brandon Marshall, Andre Johnson, DeSean Jackson (Roy Williams on the bench), RBs - Purple Jesus and Chris Johnson for sure with Steve Slaton and Willie Parker benched. If Willie P is healthy I may throw him in in place of DeSean. Who the fuck knows! As always throw your 2 cents in!

2 comments:

Upstate Underdog said...

I'm glad I sat Jax Defense last week. Are they the only D/St on your team?

dAndy ManCandy said...

Yeah that's it. I only have 4 bench spots in this league and Roy, Steve, Cassel, and Willie P are sitting.....

Fuck, I just sneak attacked by a saved by zero commercial!