Monday, October 20, 2008

dAndy's Own Exclusive - TMA Call - Peyton and Eli - Week 7



We here in dAndyville, excuse me, I here in dAndyville have obtained exclusive rights to the phone call made between Peyton Manning and Eli Manning every Tuesday AM after all the football for the week is over. Here's what's shaking for week 6.

{ring ring, ring ring}

Eli: Sorry man, but I’m not home, but I’ll be back before to long so wait for the beep. You gotta leave your name, you gotta leave your number…….

Peyton: Damnit Eli!!! Listen dude no bullcrapping this week. I need to talk to my little bro something fierce.

Eli: OK bro, I’m all ears. What’s sinking your submarine?

Peyton: Oh nothing…nothing at all…BESIDES MY WORST GAME EVER!!!

Eli: Yeah, I know. I got to see some of the game. I thought you were looking forward to going back to that cheesy city {laughs to himself for the cheese joke} now that Favre was gone.

Peyton: I was!!!! I went in there with such high expectations. You know I had a couple of good games and now this. I really felt like I had caught up from missing some pre-season with the surgeries and all and I played like absolute poo poo today. I can see the headlines now, Pey Pey plays like poo poo in Colts loss. {lip begins to quiver as if he is going to cry}

Eli: Hahahahahahahahaha that was funny Peyton!

Peyton: Thanks, I guess. How is that you just bounce right back after a bad game with your chin up? I get so down on myself I don’t know what to do.

Eli: Just don’t have any bad games.

Peyton: What?

Eli: Don’t have a bad game and you’ll never have to worry about what it feels like afterward. That’s what I do.

Peyton: But you had a bad game last week!!!

Eli: Nuh uh!

Peyton: Yeah huh!

Eli: No I didn’t Peyton. What I did these last couple of weeks is manage the game. It’s something new Coach Coughlin taught me. Say it with me now….manage the game!

Peyton: Eli, I know wtf {actually says w.t.f. because he doesn’t use them swear words} managing the game is.

Eli: Well then, just do that and you’ll be fine.

Peyton: How can you say that when the Browns beat you guys and you played like crap?

Eli: I was managing the game.

Peyton: Yeah, but you lost.

Eli: So, so I was still the manager. I just didn’t manage as good as I should have and I didn’t get all sad afterwards like you are.

Peyton: But you lost.

Eli: Yeah, but I still managed.

Peyton: That’s not the point Eli. The point is to win the games.

Eli: Well, maybe for you, but coach told me I just need to work on managing the games and that’s what I am doing and we have only lost once, so apparently there is a connection between managing and winning. So, maybe just maybe you should just listen to your little bro, who is having a way better year than you and won the super bowl last year, for once.

Peyton: Whatever Eli!!! {hangs up}

No comments: