Monday, October 13, 2008

Fantasy Report - Week 6

My fantasy team finally showed up this week and the shopping spree I went on paid off. I'm probably jinxing myself writing that I won this week when it's not officially over yet, but I am rather confident that my 45 point lead won't be surpassed by my opponent's only remaining player, Eli "The Oreo lover" Manning.

Let's kick it off with some QB action. I started Chad Pennington, or C. Pen as we like to call him here in the biz, and he delivered a solid stash of points. 284 yards, 2 TDs (one was on that wicked wildcat formation play) and 1 pick. I didn't check to know for sure, but I believe the 16 pts he scored is more than the other QBs I have started the 1st 5 weeks combined. OK, I just checked, in the 1st 5 weeks my QBs combined for 26 pts, so yeah his 16 pt day was killer for me.

My RBs had mediocre games with no touchdowns, but I won (hopefully) so it's all good. Purple Jesus put up 111 yards, but coughed it up twice (my team had 4 fumbles and a pick this week, thank my 3 testicles that I didn't need those 10 pts). Steve Slaton had a lackluster 58 yards. Chris Johnson will be back in next week after the bye and hopefully Willie Parker will be healthy. I am still waiting on AP to have that breakout day that Jimmy Kimmel will talk about on Direct TV commercials next year.

As for the WRs, Andre Johnson finally had the day I had been waiting for. 178 yds and a TD (not going to talk about his fumble) to lead my WR crew. Brandon Marshall had a solid day with 98 yds including a stupid fumble, but didn't score a TD. DeSean Jackson also had 98 yds and threw a little return yardage in there for me too. He is on bye this week, so I'll either start 3 RBs or snag up a WR.

TE wise was brutal this week. With Kellen Winslow's mystery illness still keeping him pinned down (I personally think he may have gotten a hamster or gerbil stuck in his ass) I started Fasano from Miami. This could have been a potential double up scoring situation with C. Pen at the helm, but he only mustered out 12 yds.

Ah the kicker, Mason Crosby brought in a solid 11 points with 2 FGs and 3 PATs. Atta boy.

Now you might be wondering how it is that I have a 45 point lead with this pretty much load of mediocrity. Well, my opponent just so happened to totally suck ass cheese this week and my defense put on a show. With Pitt on a bye I picked up Tampa Bay's defense. I almost swapped them out last minute, but decided to go with my gut and it paid off big time. They only allowed Carolina to score 3 pts, blocked a kick and returned it for a TD, and snagged 3 picks for a 23 point day. That was the kicker for me. Now I just have to decide whether to hang on to TB's defense or pick Pittsburgh back up this week.

I love fantasy football!!

No comments: