Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's Official - Fantasy Is Kickin Off!!!

OK, so the draft went down last night and my team is sot. Some REALLY bright spots and some REALLY BIG question marks. Not sure whether to go ahead and trade for the cream of the crop leftovers or let it ride. My brain is going a gazillion miles an hour and after the NFL.com fantasy football preview guide sat untouched on my desk for a month now I'm flipping the pages so fast it looks like one of the 19 fricking hurricanes/tropical storms/tropical depressions/tropical waves that are lining up on Florida's ass is up in that shit. Here's what I got...so far....

Starters -

QB - Matt Hasselback (please don't get your old ass hurt)
WR - Andre Johnson (can you make some shit happen this year?)
WR - Marvin Harrison (hmmm. will he steal some thunder from Reggie?)
RB - Adrian fuckin Peterson (come on buddy, I'm already leaning on you!!!)
RB - Laurence Maroney (will Billy B let this man showcase his skills this year?)
TE - Kellen Winslow (put up some WR numbers for me like you did last year!)
W/R - Willie Parker (get some touchdowns to go with the google of yards bro)
K - Adam Vinateri (let's go Peyton let's go-just not when playing Jax)*
DEF - Pittsburgh (projected for fewest points allowed, we'll see)

Bench -

WR - Brandon Marshall (fuckin great,the suspended guy, potential though)
WR - Roddy White (possible break through year, keepin him for now)
RB - Chester Taylor (potential trade meat, but what if AP gets hurt??)
QB - Matt Schaub (stay healthy dude, just stay healthy!!!)

So yeah, fantasy is back, I'm an addict. It's crazy how much you can fuckin love and hate something at the same damn time. Bring on week 1 baby!!!

*This is a situation that drives me fuckin nuts when it comes to fantasy. I was actually pulling for Reggie Wayne to put up some nasty numbers when the Colts faced Jax on Monday night last year. This damn "game" makes you pull for the enemy. What have we got ourselves in to?????

2 comments:

Upstate Underdog said...

nice post, you are right fantasy football is a sick business. Or any fantasy sports for that matter. I will sometimes bench one of my players if they are going up against one of my favorite teams.

Also, I too am psyched college football season is underway.

Upstate Underdog said...

also, I added you blog to my links on my blog.