Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fantasy Report - Week 1

Ok, so week one is did and damn it if I am not the number one team in my league. I can see the prize money dangling in front of me, but shit there is a hole lotta season left. I pretty much dominated my oponent (won by 21) even after a lackluster performance from Hasselback (actually downright shitty is more like it). All I can say is Willle Parker is my fuckin hero of the week. Oh yeah and so is Ben Pollard!!! Sorry about your luck you Boston assholes.

This was probably the most fun I have ever had watching football, well top 10 all time at least. Me and 2 of my neighbors are in the same league so we all met up at one of their houses. Picture this, there were 3 big ass dudes all piled up on a couch so close to each other our leg hairs were touching. I know, kind of fagtard like, but what the fuck ever we were watching football. We had the laptop set up on the coffee table and the games on the flat screen talking mad shit the hole way through. I love how fantasy pretty much has you involved in every frickin game there is. You either have someone playing in a game or your opponent has someone in there and it makes for some riveting channel flipping.

I pretty much had standard performances across the board. I subbed Roddy White for Mar Har which got me a couple of points I wouldn't have had and other than Fast Willie there was nothing too special. I called Kellen Winslow's TD as it happened which was f'in sweet as hell. Pittsburgh's D showed up for me as well. Adrian Perterson's little TD put my over the top for most points in the league. I love having a fucking stud playing on a Monday night!!!!

The funniest shit was watching the Colts/Bears game Sunday night. I had Vinateri, one neighbor had Addai, and the other (who I played against Week 1) had Reggie Wayne. It made for some interesting shit since all of us had somebody involved. First off the guy with Reggie was predicting a 5 TD performance so he could beat me. Every fucking play was look at Reggie Wayne, Reggie Wayne's open, hit Reggie. He even was pulling for Reggie to play defense and pick one off and run it back. Abso-fuckin-lutely hilarious shit. The dude with Addai is pulling for some running plays. All I am pulling for is some decent drives not involving Wayne that result in FGs. Then of course I rubbed in the fact that if their dudes scored I would get a point too. So yeah, it was some fun shit.

As for transactions I decided to be a fuckstick and dropped Matt Schaub to pick up Matt Cassel. I fuckin detest the Patriots so don't think I got him for that reason, I picked him up just to cock block the dude who had Brady from getting him. I'm an ass deal with it. Not to mention the dude who had Brady finished 2nd in points. It's all about strategy baby! I think Cassel will do pretty damn good considering the system he is in and all of the superstars around him. I am also hoping this hikes up the Pat's running game since I have Maroney. I also dropped Chester Taylor and picked up Chris Johnson from Tennessee. I think he has some big fantasy scoring potential. He can flat out fly. Plus he wore out my Jags.

We'll see what happens.....bring on week 2!!!

2 comments:

Upstate Underdog said...

Jags/Bills this week. I'm rooting for the Bills because the Jags f'ed me in my survival league and more importantly I'm a Bills fan.

dAndy ManCandy said...

Yeah, I saw in your post you got doinked by the Jags. I am working on a post now about a new fantasy idea I have. It'll be up in an hour or so. Check it out and thanks for stopping by!