Monday, November 10, 2008

Fantastical Report - Week 10

Well, well, well, dAndy done clinched a playoff spot! Had my best week of the year points wise in Week 10 even though I had some yuge let downs in performance and decision making. Either way I'm in 2nd spot with an 8-2 record.

I made a bonehead move last week and picked up Derek Anderson last Monday only to find out hours later that Brady Quinn was going to be the one shoving fingers up the center's ass in Cleveland. In that sense of panic I grabbed Flacco. Then late Friday dude dropped Kyle Orton, aka Neckbeard, aka Tony Eury Sr, so I dropped Flacco for him. I should have been more patient and kept Flacco for the week and played him over C Penn, but I can live with that. Hopefully Orton comes back with a bang and brings some game to what has been yet another year of shattyness from the QB spot in dAndyville as I get ready for a playoff run!

As for the let downs Andre Johnson didn't do much and Chris Johnson got shut the fuck down. I should have played DeSean Jackson instead of Andre no doubt! Chad Pennington had a typical day of almost putting up some big numbers. The Jags D had a respectful day in Detroit and Scobee was solid.

As for bitches blowing up I had Brandon Marshall and his late TD, Purple Jesus and his day of domination, Kellen and his staphtastic testicles had a big game as well. My pick up of the week....Mewelde fuckin Moore baby!!

So my projection for week 11 is a little low. Don't know if Orton is worth a shot if he does go (he says his chance of playing is good) with C Penn facing a horrible horrible Oakland team (Wildcat formation will be in for 6-8 plays I'm guessing). RB wise I'll leave Purple Jesus in for sure then it's a toss up for the other RB slot and flex slot. Options are DeSean, Chris Johnson (vs Jags at home), Willie "I might play this week" Parker or Mewelde vs San Diego, I've also got Slaton (vs Ind) riding some pine too. The WR slots look sharp with Andre Johnson and B Marsh. K Low will stay at TE and Scobee will hopefully bang in multiple FGs against the Titans. My gamble of the week....I picked up Arizona's defense last night before the game. They face a shitty Seahawks team that should have broken down QB Hasselbeck taking snaps. Pick 6 all day baby!

As always your comments/suggestions are appreciated! Good luck this week fuckers!

8 comments:

dAndy ManCandy said...

This just in...Should I pick up Flacco or Tyler Thigpen and drop C. Penn?

Upstate Underdog said...

Thigpen against the Saints might be a good play

Upstate Underdog said...

also, how the fuck was Moore on waivers going up against the Indy run D?

dAndy ManCandy said...

Dude, I am in what has to be the most fucked up league ever. 4 bench spots, 10 teams, and a stiff scoring system. It's pretty wild what some of these cuntpunchers do. But hell, I've had at least 12 QBs this year.

Upstate Underdog said...

It is crazy how different scoring can be. In my $ league we have 6 bench spots and fractional points (pts for every yard gained)

In my keeper league, we have 8 bench spots and no fractional points. for example we get 1 point for every 20 yards rushing or receiving which is fucked up because a guy with 40 rushing yards gets the same points as a guy with 59 rushing yards.

dAndy ManCandy said...

We're at 16yds/pt rushing, 20yds/pt rec'v, and 50yds/pt throwing.

ognihs said...

gotta start chris johnson and slaton. they'll both get a lot of run. now that you've got the playoff spot locked up, hopefully you can get a bye or an easy first round matchup. it's all luck from then on.

dAndy ManCandy said...

But I'm scared to sit a Pitt back! Indy's rush D blows and they still gave up the touches to Mewelde, but yards were scarce. I'll prob make a game time decision on Willie P and Mewelde. Slaton has been laying low that past couple of weeks though so it could be time for a break out. I was telling a guy last night that I almost like it better with bye weeks because then you don't have to make these decisions and then kick yourself in the balls for 2 days for not starting one over the other. The other factor is CJ is playing my Jags, kinda sucks when your pulling against your own team, but it's all about the cashish right!